So, another UK tax return filing deadline has come and gone and after two weeks of “tidying up” I now have 114 days of freedom before I return to work. Last year I took to writing a journal , but I am fast running out of space to keep all my different memory books, scrapbooks and travel journals so this year I plan to keep tab on my adventures using my blog. I will still write up a journal for my travels in Iran but everything else lends itself perfectly to online journaling.
I have no special plans, other than a holiday in Iran, but have lots of things that I would like to do in my time off. If I achieve some or all of them I will be well pleased. If I don’t, they can wait.
What’s on my “list?” Just a few ideas……..
- Visit Richard IIIs burial place and museum in Leicester Cathedral.
- Go and spend some time with my big sister and enjoy some “girlie time.”
- I must go and have a cuddle with my newly-born great-nephew Sebastian. He looks gorgeous and I am so pleased for my niece and her husband that they now have the start of what will be a beautiful family.
- Lots of doggie walks with Jasper will get me out of the house and into the fresh air-as long as it’s not raining to hard!
- I have an order list for patchwork quilts a mile long so I must spend some time sewing and sewing some more.
- I’d like to decorate our landing and stairwell but it’s a big job. I need to prepare myself for this challenge!
Whatever I end up doing, I am determined to relax and recover from the stresses of the previous 8 months. I did have a spell of acute anxiety last Autumn which caused me some problems so I would like to avoid that if at all possible. Jasper is the chill-out king so I will be adopting some of his tactics. I’m not sure whether I will adopt the same pose, but after a few glasses of wine who knows?
Here’s to sharing my 114 days of freedom!