In no particular order, random thoughts of a stir-crazy-fed-up-with-the-snow-bored-with-being-cold-grumpy-Blogger.
50 things I love……….
1. Poppies-my favourite flower. Blousy, vibrant, delicate and easy to grow.
2. Aston Villa FC- Attending since 1969, the football club of my heritage. Great memories, claret and blue heaven.
3. Butterflies-lacy, colourful, free and wonderful to watch bouncing along on the wind.
4. Chris de Burgh-since 1975 his music a source of peace and inspiration. A great story-teller.
5. My camera- makes walking less boring and the photos remind me of all those things I’d forgotten.
6. Chocolate-Cadbury’s preferably, again part of my Birmingham heritage. That melt-in-the-mouth sensation…a girl thing!
7. My computer-As an information & communication junkie I’d be lost without it.
8. Friends-Wonderful, fantastic, genuine people who support and challenge me to be a better person. Thank you.
9. William-my son. Perfect.
10. Swanage- a pretty, Victorian seaside resort in Dorset. We’ve had great times there-please don’t change.
12. Romanesco caulifower-fascinating and tastes nicer than the traditional white. Fractals….
13. Stationery-notebooks, pens, craft paper, scrap-books, stickers, postcards……etc etc
14. Marks & Spencer- I can always find something to wear in here and you are never far away from a store.
15. Jane Eyre-my all-time favourite book. Can’t beat it.
16. Feeding the birds-I love to see the robins, wagtails, sparrows and tits descend on fat-balls and peanuts.
17. Tomintoul (16) – Speyside Glenlivet single malt scotch whisky. Smooth and mature. The “gentle dram”
18. Sunflowers-the last bright reminder of summer.
19. Having my hair cut-always feels good and guarantees 30 minutes of “me” time.
20. Ice-skating- indoors or outdoors, Invigorating, fun and a great way to get some exercise.
21. Strictly Come Dancing/XFactor-guilty pleasures. I can do most things except dance and sing. I’m just jealous.
22. Kicking leaves- the rustle and annoying the Park Keeper! Try to avoid the dog poo.
23. The white horse joke-my all-time favourite.
24. Clinique ivory foundation- helps to hide those horrid rosy cheeks. Never go outside without a healthy slap of the stuff.
25. Getting off a plane- complete with jelly-legs but the ultimate relief.
26. Fridays-the end of the working week and Crunchie Time.
27. Coniston “Old Man” (803m) – Copper Mines Valley, Goat’s Hause, Brantwood, Walna Scar, Torver Beck.
28. Steak and chips-Sirloin with tomatoes, mushrooms, peas and french mustard. Not exactly gourmet but delicious all the same.
29. Black trousers- only have to worry about what colour top then.
30. Hairspray, the musical- great story, great songs and wonderful feel-good factor.
31. Sunrises and Sunsets- pink, orange, streaky, yellow, nature’s fresco.
32. A ticking clock in an empty room- relaxing and soporific.
33. 8 hours sleep- a rarity and much appreciated when it happens. Not to be underestimated.
34. Swings, roundabouts and bouncy castles- we need adult play-parks!
35. My birthday-it’s my day and it’s special. I never work. My secretary books me the day off without having to ask.
36. Castles- turrets, port-cullis, knights in shining armour, banquetting halls, peacocks, flags, pageantry.
37. Stars- twinkling in a clear, black night sky.
38. Magic painting books-the ones where you paint over the picture with water and a picture appears! True magic.
39. Harrison Ford-simply gorgeous.
40. Barges-colourful, compact, relaxing, freedom of the waterways.
41. The smell of freshly baked bread- yeasty and mouth-watering.
42. Amethysts-purple gems which are my birthstone.
43. VW Camper vans- I sooooo want one.
44. Sparklers-especially in a Mai-Tai cocktail.
45. Mai-Tai cocktails-preferably with sparklers in
46. Christmas dinner- at any time of year. Turkey, sprouts, bread sauce, gravy, Christmas pudding and brandy sauce. Yum Yum.
47. Thunder and Lightning-dramatic and refreshing, awesome.
48. Writing poems- therapeutic, cathartic and fulfilling.
49. The smell of petrol-I always volunteer to fill the car. It’s a shame that this simple pleasure is getting more and more expensive!
50. My husband- tolerant, patient, a great chef, chauffeur, cat-carer, PA, funny, and caring. Thank you!
nos. 33 and 39 chime with me. As for no.2 – I’m a life-long Gooner.
Sleep and Harrison Ford- Arsenal? Actually, if Villa went out of business I would probably be an Arsenal fan. I like their football.